Sunday, October 04, 2009

Bye-Bye Mullet

Andy still doesn't have very much hair. I mean, his scalp is covered and all, but he sure doesn't have much to spare, especially on the top and sides. Except. Except for the mullet that was beginning to make it's way down his back. For weeks I've just been encouraging the hair on the back of his head to just curl up into delicious little baby curls. However, that just resulted in these little wing like things that sprouted behind his ears.

This weekend, before our trip to Baltimore, seemed like a good time to get Andy spruced up by taking him for his first haircut.

Andy was way excited to get started! He got to sit in a car with a steering wheel that moved, he wore a spiffy cape, and a Baby Einstein video played just for him.

In just one snip the mullet was gone. I saved it in a little baggie. Is that bad?

Now the "wings" are being attacked . . . .
Such a cooperative boy!
The "after" photo. I think he was sad because it was over.

Andy was such a trooper. There were no tears or anything! Not even from me.

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it a rule that you have to save some hair from the first haircut? Or just in my family? I thought everyone did it.

    TOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a handsome boy! I think my mom still has a bag of my hair from my first haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so freaking cute, I can barely stand it! Yes, you HAVE to save hair from the first haircut. Seriously, I think it's a law.

    So when are you going to let me know the details of your trip here. I definitely want to see you (and Brian and Andy) so tell me when you will be in the Baltimore region. Liam is dying to share his toys with Andy. :-)

    I also need to mobilize the TOOTPU gals so we can gather in your honor as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Ever little boy should start his first vacation with a haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird? The hairdresser I took Warren to for his first haircut asked if it was his first cut, went and found an envelope to put some hair in and even filled out a "certificate" for him saying his first haircut was on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda from CA8:46 AM

    It's definitely not weird to save the "first haircut" hair... Mitch is 14 and I still have his hair, all of his baby teeth, the dog's baby teeth, oops, well that last one is probably weird! He is shaping up to be one cootie patootie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome he was so cooperative, I know mine wouldn't be! He looks very handsome with his new haircut! I'm letting Dono's hair grow for a bit to see what all it will do, but it's only a matter of time I fear!
    Hope you have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks like hes being very patient--way to go, A!

    Hope you are having a great time in the DC area--wish I could have gone to the zoo with you all today! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the longest my mom kept a lock of my hair! I'll have to ask if she still has it. HE IS ADORABLE!!! SOOOOO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete