Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Countdown is On

to Fall Break, that is! Yippee! Just 3 more school days and then Fall Break is here! Two glorious weeks of freedom from lesson plans, homework, and the go-go-go that accompanies teaching. This quarter has gone by really quickly, and I've been very pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it has been. My class is so incredibly sweet and so good. I think I may actually miss them during the break. This is the class that has made me love teaching again, and it feels awesome.

So, on Monday we are leaving for a 10 day stay in Baltimore with Brian's aunt and grandparents. We will be seeing some sights around there (like the National Aquarium!) as well as venturing into DC and Gettysburg. I'm a little nervous about such a long trip with a one year old, but I'm pretty excited about it too.

Because we are just so on top of things, we are just now getting around to planning our activities. I got some really great ideas from my readers a couple of months ago, but now I'm going to ask again. For those of you familiar with the area, what are some "must see" things for us to do?

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break. Sounds like you will have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:27 AM

    Just so you know there is a no stoller rule at the National Aquarium. They will provide you with a back pack for your son and a place to store your stoller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's amazing how different things are here. School has only just started this last week for many of our students and university isn't up and running until week after next. But terms are very short here, there are more of them and they go into the summer more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful break!

    The Maryland Science Center (just next door to the Aquarium) is a lot of fun. In DC, in addition to all the usual stuff (the monuments, the Capitol), I recommend the Spy Museum, the Newseum and the Air & Space Museum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 weeks off, are you year round school? Have fun. Wish My husband was off for 2 weeks about now. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no ideas for you, just wanted to share in the YAY that you get to do whatever it is you want to. Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:52 PM

    The national aquarium was awful when we went a few years ago. It was small and dark and dirty. We also went to the aquarium in Baltimore. It was wonderful. Well worth the trip. They are like night and day. We also love the zoo. It is free and very fun. I hope you have a fun vacation.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete