Monday, September 21, 2009

The High Life

This might not be what mainstream society considers to be the "high life", but it is my "high life" and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

This past weekend was the first weekend in 8 weeks that I haven't done any school work in any manner or sort. All that was on the agenda was uninterrupted family time. This is the scene that greeted me Saturday morning:
Apparently Andy ate pears for breakfast, then ran his hands through his hair. I'm not really sure what happened to Brian, but I doubt that he ate pears then ran his hands through his hair.

After cleaning up and making ourselves presentable we went to a new local farmer's market. It was almost a complete bust, and we were only there about 20 minutes, but we did get some yummy locally produced honey, pickles and apple butter. From there we went to lunch and then did some shopping. Later in the afternoon Andy hung out with Brian while I got a massage, then Andy hung out with me while Brian got one. We spent a quiet evening at home and it was truly delightful.

Again, the high life. And I love it.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a magical weekend. Hope you can control your schoolwork so you can have more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I hope you have more of those great moments!

    PS - I love your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me and might I add that bed head is awesome even if it was created by pear goo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect weekend.

    They are both too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's the high life, all right...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the weekends you treasure the most. Glad you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:00 PM

    That sounds like the best weekend ever.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete