Thursday, January 17, 2008

5600 Typed Words and Not a Single Blog Post

You may (or may not) have been wondering what's been going on since Brian took up residence in the doghouse. Well, he really wasn't confined for very long. Once my rant was done he was pretty much in the clear. One thing that I do know about Brian is that he is never, ever, ever intentionally insensitive. I'm really pretty lucky that way. I realize that a lot of my upset was timing. I mean, it probably wouldn't have bothered me quite as much if it hadn't happened on cycle day 1. Know what I mean? Maybe I was just a little extra sensitive . . .

I've been trying to scrounge up more sub work. So far all I've managed is a day last week and a day this week. Hopefully tomorrow . . .

I did actually turn down a job for this past Tuesday. It was in a kinder class, and I'm just not a kinder person. It was also a really late call and I was terrified that there would be no plans and I know my limitations. So instead I confined myself to the office for the better part of the day and worked on my autobiography for our adoption homestudy. I'm happy to say that after 5600 words I have answered everything that they wanted to know in the list of guidelines. I just finished the final editing and got it printed out. Brian just needs to edit and print his as well. The very last thing I need to get done is my physician's statement, which will happen on Monday morning. After that I'll call the agency and schedule our next meeting.

Last weekend we went to see Juno. We both really liked it and was a little like "Little Miss Sunshine" meets "Napolean Dynamite". Even if you don't want to see the movie, or don't get to see it, be sure to get your hands on the soundtrack. We love it! It is very quirky and just plain fun. We both have it on our ipods and are really having fun with it.

Time for me to get on with things. I have some errands to run and then tutoring to do before running to the gym. So that means I have to have something in mind to fix for dinner like as soon as we walk in the door!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on all those 5600 words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see Juno. I was a touch nervous on how it would portray adoption, but I've heard it's good.
    Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Juno too. I especially loved the Jenifer Garner character and was moved by her. Anyhoo- congrats on the getting most of your paperwork done. It's a step closer... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen Juno yet, but it is on my "to do". You are a good wife, and it sounds like you got a good hubbie too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like things are moving right along! Glad to hear/read it....
    See you soon?? E-mail me and we'll set a time to meet for coffee, although I must warn you the midget is a little more fidgety then last time (0:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:51 AM

    I have been wanting to see Juno but have been afraid to. I really hope I get up my courage to see it before it is gone. I'm just afraid I'll cry all the way through it and feel sorry for myself afterwards!

    ReplyDelete