For those of you playing along with the at home version of "Hey! Impreggo My Eggo!" lets review the past 12 days:
1) 8 doctor visits
2) 8 blood draws (and amazingly, only 1 bruise! yea favorite nurse!)
3) 8 vaginal ultrasounds (this machine has seen WAY more action than Brian)
4) 30 injections (too many bruises to count)
5) 36 pills
6) 168 vitamins and supplements
7) 2 acupuncture treatments
8) 800 miles driven to said doctor appointments
9) I'm on the 3rd day of this headache
10) 1 meltdown (remember the picture hanging incident?)
And now, tonight is the infamous trigger shot, at 9:00pm. The nurse even drew the location on my hip with a sharpie. Retrieval is set for 8:15 am on Friday. And I'm ready.
Reflecting over the past 12 days I can honestly say that this whole experience has not been nearly as bad as I expected. In fact, if money and old eggs were not an issue, I could very easily go through this part again. I think part of my reluctance to embrace IVF is that it seemed so much like the last opportunity to have a baby. But it isn't. Even if this doesn't work out the way we want, we are not out of options for having a baby. Once I got over the fact that we were really faced with IVF I ordered Satan to stay away and keep his fear, anxiety, and dread with him and away from me. I also prayed for God to give me patience, trust and peace. I would say He has definitely delivered.
I know many of you have been praying for me. I definitely feel all of your prayers, and it is working. Please keep it up, we still have a long way to go!