Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Still Dragging On

Here I am, day 12 of stims. No trigger shot for me tonight, the doc is having me simmer just one more day. I go back tomorrow morning for yet another ultrasound and more bloodwork, but they are planning on having me trigger tomorrow night and then do egg retrieval on Friday and embryo transfer on Monday.

The good news is that I will be able to attend Thursday night's hockey game and Iwill be able to have my regular acupuncturist on Monday morning, rather than his fill in on Sunday.

The bad news is that I have a headache. I've had it for two days. I'm not sleeping well. I get up a couple of times a night to pee. I wake up in the middle of the night all sweaty. And I really, really want a nap RIGHT NOW. However, I need to go help for a little bit at my parent's house. Our houseguests left this morning so we will be able to have a nice, quiet, early evening.

For my retrieval on Friday I need to bring along a pair of socks and a t-shirt. I so wish I had the time and creativity to make a t-shirt emblazoned with my motto, Hey! Impreggo My Eggos! Instead, I might have to just write it on my forehead with a sharpie.

Maybe tomorrow I will get around to posting those pictures I have been promising . . .

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:20 PM

    One more day of monitoring. Sigh...you must be so tired of the mornings at this point. I wish you all the best for your retrieval and for your transfer.
    I'm starting Lupron tonight and a little nervous. I have beent hrough this before, but the first time is always difficult, isn't it??
    Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking of you! Hope all goes perfectly over the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck - you are almost there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! You are getting so close!!! I'm praying everything goes really smoothly for you. p.s. sorry about the headaches-- the fertility meds used to give me really bad headaches too (injections especially).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope the big day goes well. You could write your phrase on a t-shirt. I know it won't be all fancy, but at least you could have it for your appointment.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:38 AM

    How exciting! I am sorry you have to wait one more day, but you are almost there. Can't wait to hear how your retrieval goes - I am thinking all positive thoughts.

    I am doing my lupron challenge now - I got the first blood draw this morning, have to give myself the lupron at 4:30pm (at my office!) and then do another blood draw tomorrow morning....hopefully they give me the green light!

    ReplyDelete