Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Nothing's Ever Easy

Nothing's Ever Easy. That is our motto, and we find ourselves saying it frequently. Sometimes it applies to minor situations, sometimes major. Like when I needed new lightbulbs for the coach lights by the garage. I went to Home Depot, bought a box of lightbulbs, brought them home, put them in the lights, turned them on, and they didn't work. Neither one. This warranted a trip back to Home Depot to exchange the lightbulbs. See? Nothing's Ever Easy.

After the last failed IUI we made the decision to proceed with IVF. AKA "test tube" baby making. This will be our best opportunity and I am confident it is the right decision. The doctor was expecting to do the transfer in May. Yesterday was the first step of the process. I needed one more procedure to check out the interior of my uterus. I failed. Something tiny is there that warrants further investigation. It isn't anything to be worried or concerned about, but the doctor wants a perfect canvas for his work. Now the transfer will be delayed until June and I have to have another test and procedure within the next month. See? Nothing's Ever Easy.

You know what? I need a new motto. I kind of like, "Everything will work out". What do you think? I think it might need some work. Care to help me? Feel free to post your suggestions in "comments" as I would really like to see what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment