Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Christmas Home Tour

Well, I have finally found my Christmas Cheer and thought I would share it with all of you. So, in that spirit, I would like to invite you on a Christmas tour of our home, brought to you especially for those who won't be making the trek to Arizona to visit us. Come on in, and enjoy your visit.

When you step through our front view this is what you see, the living room and dining room, with just a glimpse into the family room. Pretty much just the living room and front bathroom are decorated because of our naughty little beagle. She gets into everything. In fact, if you look closely you can see the baby gate between the dining room and family room, so that she can't get into trouble with the Christmas stuff in the front of the house.

If you were to look up from here you would see a 20 foot ceiling and lots of windows. However, if you turn to the right you see our tree. Our fake tree. I had to give up the whole fresh tree thing upon moving to the desert. It is just too dry here and we would be left with nothing but a pile of brown needles long before the man in the red suit showed up.

Our tree is decorated in an eclectic mix of Brian's ornaments and my ornaments, as well as "our" ornaments given to us by family and friends and collected by us while visiting different places. Below you will see an example of Brian's ornaments.

Can you believe this one?!?!?! I believe I deserve a prize for even allowing this on my tree!

This one is a pretty good indication of what you can expect to see on our tree. This is just one of many unusual creatures that you will see on our tree.

I think this one is Brian's favorite ornament of all time. It is called "Holy Mackeral".

Nope, this one isn't one of Brian's. We are on to some of the ornaments that I contributed to your tree.

This is one of my all time favorite ornaments because it reminds me so much of my beloved Billy kitty who is no longer with us.

We have gotten so many ornaments celebrating our couplehood, and I love them all!

We picked up this next ornament while honeymooning in Maui. We (well, better make that "I") love to buy ornaments whenever we visit a new place. We have quite the collection going!

The one thing that our house doesn't have is a fireplace. Normally not a problem for Arizona, however it presents a dilemna at Christmas time. Where to hang the stockings? So we hang them from this little buffet cabinet that we move between the living room windows and make the best of it. And of course, the stocking in the middle is for Molly. She will find treats from Santa on Christmas Day.

We have our downstairs bathroom decorated with snowmen and cactus, just because it is fun.

That's pretty much it for the tour. The kitchen and family room aren't really decked out with too much Christmas stuff, though I do have few festive touches like poinsettias, candles, and singing snowmen and penguins scattered about. Besides, I am tired of trying to load pictures here! So, I do believe I will head to my favorite quiet spot in the house before our houseguests arrive. This is a corner of my bedroom and the most comfy spot in the house. I love sinking into this chair and covering up with a cozy blanket while reading, which usually turns to snoozing, but that's ok too.


I hope you have enjoyed this holiday tour of our home. Please stop in to see us sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment