Thursday, November 30, 2006

Signs of the Season


An inflatable nativity. I don't know why, but it cracks me up. It could be that offered right next to it is an inflatable church. The web site claims it is perfect for weddings. Gee, I'm almost sorry I didn't know about that a couple of years ago. Last Christmas brought incredible sights to us here in Arizona. People here go absolutely crazy with outdoor decorations. We never saw anything like it in California, except for those well publicized neighborhoods that sought to break all electricity usage records.



This is just one example of the craziness we witnessed last year. And it looks as though this year our neighborhood will be even more decked out than last year. I think there is a major case of "keeping up with the Joneses" here. And no, the picture to the right is NOT our house! We have simply a modest string of icicle lights around the lower level of our house. And a Snoopy Christmas flag. And a wreath on the front door. Really, that's it. All of the rest of our Christmas decorations are spread throughout the living room and dining room just waiting for the elves to properly set everything up. Since it hasn't been done yet after sitting out since the weekend I can only assume that the elves have been otherwise occupied and will get to us shortly. I'm just sure of it. We leave for California tomorrow morning, and I'm sure we will come home to a fully decorated house on Monday. No, I have not been hitting the eggnog this morning. I'm simply full of crap.
This will be our first trip to California since July and we are really looking forward to seeing our friends. We don't miss the traffic, or the crowds of California, but we do miss our friends. I will report back later about our activities. In the meantime I need to run along and get my day going. There is much to do with errands to run, laundry to do, packing and helping at my parent's house before my tutoring sessions this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment