Monday, October 02, 2006

Time Flies

Wow, I can't believe it has been almost a week since my last post! My, how time flies! I can't even blame it on work, since I only worked two days last week. However, Friday at work seemed to last forever. It was not a pleasant day. I subbed for a teacher who left NO plans, not even a TE in sight or anything else that even remotely looked like work. Not only that, she didn't even leave a schedule, class list, attendance cards or anything. It made for a very stressful day, especially for somebody (that would be ME) who in known for planning everything down to the last detail. But, I've gotten off track so I will try to find it again.

I spent last Monday and Tuesday at the hospital visiting my dad. I did housework on Wednesday, but Brian went to see him that evening and they got to do some male bonding over sports. Later my dad's roommate reported how much my dad enjoyed Brian's visit. That was so good to hear. Brian has just been super wonderful through all of this! I am so lucky! We didn't go up there on Thursday or Friday, but we did take Brian's dad and my mom up for a visit on Saturday. I forgot to mention, he had his feeding tube changed to a smaller one during the week. He is now better able to breath and swallow and has been eating much more. He looks great! On Sunday we all visited again, plus brought along Brian's Aunt Jacquie and Carlos. This morning it is back to work for him. A little later this morning I am picking up Eric from the airport and we will make a stop at the hospital before heading back to Goodyear. I think Eric will be amazed at how good dad looks from the last time he saw him in Milwaukee. Kari and Ashley are flying out on Thursday, and I know Ashley is looking forward to seeing Papa Bob, and I know the feeling is definitely mutual!

My dad has been telling us about his therapy. They have been working with electical stimulation of his hand. When he tries to do it on his own the therapist can feel the muscles in his arm and hand working. Hopefully it's just a matter of time before it comes back. My dad also reported that he has more range and ability in his wrists. It's all very encouraging and he is hopeful about the future.

I have an address for sending him mail, remember, postcards would be a most appreciated choice!

St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
Attn. Neuro Rehab
Robert Kohl, patient
Room 21/1
350 W. Thomas Road
Phoenix, AZ 85013

No comments:

Post a Comment