Thursday, October 12, 2006

35 Things I Love About My Husband

Brian's birthday is tomorrow. Yes, he has a Friday the 13th birthday. I'm fairly certain we won't have any bad luck because we have already had our share, don't you agree? It is also Brian's 35th birthday, so, in his honor I've made this list of 35 Things I Love About My Husband. Mind you, this list is in no particular order, it just is the way it is.

1) He makes me laugh, at least twice every day, if not more.
2) I am never far from his thoughts. I know this because he tells me all the time.
3) His eyes. The kindest eyes I have ever laid my eyes upon. Plus, they are pretty.
4) He cooks for me, and our families, and our friends. And he's a really good cook. I just wish he was an eensy, weensy bit better about cleaning up. OK, a lot better. But the important thing is that he is a great cook and he really enjoys doing it.
5) He loves me, loves me, loves me and I know it because he tells me and shows me numerous times every single solitary day.
6) He completely spoils me. He has crazy fun shopping for me. He brings me flowers for no reason. Pretty much whatever I want I get. However, since I manage the money I don't ask for much because eventually I have to make the numbers work.
7) He takes care of all of the outside chores. He mows the grass, takes out the trash, and picks up the dog poop. What more could I ask for?
8) He brings me a glass of ice water every single solitary night before bed.
9) If I ask him to turn out the light on my side of the bed he will, even if he has just gotten into bed on his side and gotten all comfy.
10) He truly enjoys spending time with my family, and has been such a tremendous support for all of us over the last 7 weeks.
11) Whenever I ask him to scan something for me he will do it without complaining. Come to think of it, maybe he just doesn't want me to mess with his stuff. Nah, that's not it. Brian just likes to help me!
12) On mornings when I don't have to get up early he will take Molly outside and then leave her downstairs so that I can sleep.
13) He calls me just to say that he misses me.
14) He always drives us wherever we are going. I love that.
15) He orders for me in restaurants. I love that too.
16) Once in a while he still opens the car door for me. That's cool too.
17) Brian loves to travel and I love to go with him to see new places. We always have such a great time traveling together, even if it isn't anyplace very exciting. We have gone to Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Las Vegas, and many places in between and I couldn't imagine going with anyone else, ever.
18) He has a love for books, and we are even interested in many of the same things. I like the times when we lay around the house just reading.
19) He is great with kids, and isn't afraid of babies. Hopefully he will have his own soon. He's going to be an awesome daddy.
20) He programs the DV-R for me, because I just can't figure it out.
21) One time Molly ate poop (yeah, she used to do that) and shortly thereafter she threw up in her crate. It was the most disgusting, foul thing I have ever seen or smelled. Brian cleaned it up. What a guy!
22) He is very affectionate and gives great hugs everyday and is a hand holder and never leaves the house without a kiss.
23) In addition to being a great travel partner, Brian is a wonderful planner. He always takes the task of finding airfare, hotels, cars and even lines up the entertainment. What more could a gal want?
24) He tolerates my girliness very well. He accepts that a 45 minute drive each way to get to Macy's to buy lipstick is a necessity. However, he did tell me I couldn't go all girly to the football game last weekend. He made me change my sandals to tennis shoes. Turns out he was right.
25) Brian is a good sport. He handles jokes at his expense very well, like the time I told him I was, in fact, bringing 3 pieces of luggage to Florida.
26) He is smart and knows a little something about everything, and everything about little somethings. He also knows a lot of crap, but that is where item #1 comes in to play.
27) He doesn't remind me each time I buy a candle (or 3) that I already have a cabinet full of them.
28) His smile. It just makes my heart go pitter-pat each time I see it.
29) For our anniversary he researched the flower (pansy) and gemstone (pearl) to go along with the more traditional paper item, and made sure that my gifts were representative of all categories.
30) Brian is very considerate, not only of me, but of everyone. When he says he is going to do something, he does it. He will call if there is a change of plans or if he will be late.
31) He puts up with me. Even when I do things that have got to be totally annoying, he calls them "endearing".
32) He's a mush-head, and even thought he hates to admit it, he knows it is true. Remember how he cried at our wedding? I like to think it was because he was so happy.
33) He wears boxer shorts.
34) Brian takes really good care of me when I am sick. He waits on me hand and foot and is all about doing whatever it takes to make me feel better. He has even been known to hold my hair while I've had my head in the toilet.
35) He's mine, all mine, all mine, for always and forever. And he's OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment