Yes, this is our dog's official registered name. Isn't it cute? We call her Molly, or sometimes just Pie, and sometimes Pie-Pie. We thought it would be a good idea to start with a puppy before moving to a baby. Molly is a year and a half old now so we are ready to move on. I have learned a lot by owning a beagle. And by having a puppy.
I have come up with a list of joys of having Molly.
1) She is just too cute
2) Her eyes are so full of expression
3) She is a cuddler
4) Playing ball right after breakfast
5) Molly is always excited to see us, and everyone who comes in the door
6) She loves kids, expecially Jake and Sarah, my tutoring kids
7) Playing ball when we get home
8) She takes care of any crickets that get in the house
9) She lets us know when someone is at our front door at 1am
10) Playing ball after dinner
11) Her happy, waggy tail
12) Her soft, floppy ears, especially when they get flipped back
13) Did I mention that she likes to play ball?
Of course there is a corresponding list of Molly's flaws . . .
1) She eats her poop. Yes, that is our dirty little secret. And we really, really, really try to get her to stop
2) It's true, beagles are as smart as a fox and twice as naughty
3) She only does what she wants to do, when she wants
4) She is a 28 pound dog by day and a 50 pound bedhog by night
So, it goes without saying that her plusses are better and more numerous than her minuses, so we will keep her.