Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Come Celebrate With Me!

It's my birthday! And, amazingly enough, I'm a mere 29. Again. Ahem.

The exciting part? I'm actually able to enjoy it. For a long time I didn't enjoy my birthdays because of the completely deafening ticking, immediately followed by mind-numbing panic and anxiety. But now? It's all fun and completely enjoyable again because I feel absolutely no pressure. Yippee! A birthday the way it should be!

Which isn't to say that I'm not going to do some reflecting, because, sure, while there are some things I would have liked to do by now, I wouldn't be where I am now, which is exactly where I want to be, if I hadn't gotten here the way I did. (Yes, that really was a totally confusing sentence, and I'm sure there's a long passed English teacher rolling in her grave.)

So, happy birthday to me, and enjoy some yummy cake today!

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Christy!! I hope you celebrate big! What flavor cake are you going to have? Are you making your own cake or is hubby going to pick one up from the grocery store? haha. Have a wonderful day and year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your day! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:48 AM

    Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope you do something fabulous with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey look, 29 with many happy returns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thanks for the cake ;) No calories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a wonderful year! Happy, Happy Birthday! :) (Delurking after far too long.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Hope it's a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!! Have a fabulous.

    PS I'm delurking too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy birthday!!! Hope your day is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brenda from CA8:40 AM

    Happy Birthday Chris! I am totally proud of where you are today. The road was pretty rocky and long, and there were a few detours to maneuver around, but look at all that you are today :o) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:37 PM

    Happy belated birthday! We should have celebrated Monday night! What a great blog by the way! Tonya :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday a day late!! So sorry I missed it yesterday!! Hope you're still celebrating!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a fabulous birthday!

    ReplyDelete