Sunday, September 14, 2008

Continuing Adjustment

Brian and I, as well as Andrew, are not the only ones having to make adjustments in this household. You see, our sweet Molly Pie is having to adjust as well. Let me tell you, she has been completely awesome! She hasn't shown too much interest in Andrew, instead, most of the time she likes to pretend that he isn't even here. Once in a while she will sniff his toes or his head, but that's about it. We have told Molly that Andrew will be much more fun once he starts eating real food and throwing it on the floor for her. As you've seen before she will jump up into the recliner with me if I'm feeding the baby. Also, if he starts to cry Molly is usually the first one there to see what is going on.

A few days ago Andrew was laying on a blanket on the floor in the family room. Molly went to her crate and got her blanket, dragging it over by Andrew, before taking her spot beside him.

Aren't they cute? For those of you with pets how have your pets adjusted to your children?


12 comments:

  1. My dog is still jealous... but she definately loves that fact that Warren is getting bigger and does throw food on the floor for her.

    She's funny though, because he isn't always gentle with her yet she will lay there and cry while he pulls her hair or ears rather than get up and move.

    The cat actually kind of likes him. She likes that he plays with her and will just move if he gets rough... he has a tendency to hit when he gets excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've only been home for a couple weeks with our little guy but our dogs have started caring less and less that he's there. At the beginning, they were overly interested but have continued to mellow out. I can't imagine what it's like for our "dog children" who were our worlds for so long and then one day this little baby shows up! Oh well, we all love our pups the same! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest story!!

    I'm anxious to see how my dogs behave when I have the baby. So far they have been great around babies but I'm sure it will be different when she is here all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really cute! I'm anxious to see how our cats will react. I don't think it's going to be too happy for them at first. They fear change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is adorable! I am sure they will be best buds in the years to come=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty cute. My friend Jane brings her baby over, and I use that as small bits of time to get the cats used to a baby. Roper is dealing better than Furley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so cute! we have two cats, one just looks at Aedyn when she cries and the other high tales it out of the room. neither have taken to much interest in her yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obviously we don't have a baby in our house full time, so I'm really no help to you, but when I've kept my friend's kids, Maddie will have nothing to do with them.

    I think it's so sweet that Mollie took her blanket over there and laid with him. So glad you got a pic of that!! Too sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So extremely cute. I just want to hug them both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:55 PM

    We had a German Shepard. He appeared to be adjusting fine around Lily when we brought her home from the hospital. Two weeks later we had our first family outing to church. In the two hours that we were gone, Luke managed to drop 4 HUGE "landmines" in Lily's nursery! We got his message loud and clear!!! After a few more of these incidents, Luke spend the rest of his years happily at my parents' home where HE was the ONLY "baby"! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:28 PM

    Oh my gosh, he is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete