Thursday, August 07, 2008

D (and C) Day

is scheduled for tomorrow morning . . . at 9 am, when I am exactly 9 weeks pregnant. I am strangely relieved to have an end in sight. It has been a long, drawn-out week and a half waiting to see what is happening.

My doctor did a repeat quantitative beta blood test last week, expecting it to have leveled out, or even dropped. Nope. Not me. It rose 6 times. Which, I guess, helps to explain why I still feel like crap.

What does this mean? Apparently my body is too stupid to realize that I'm pregnant with a non-viable blob without a heartbeat. There is no sign of a spontaneous miscarriage in sight. Again.

But I am feisty this time around, or some might call it "non-compliant". The nurse immediately demanded a urine sample when I arrived at my doctor appointment this morning. I refused, since there isn't a test in the world that they could do that would change anything. A little while later she wheeled in the ultrasound machine and told me to get ready. Again, I refused. And reminded her that I just had a comprehensive, and definitive, ultrasound two days ago at the place with the awesome, high-tech equipment. She left the room, and I never saw her again. But the doctor came in immediately, I suppose to see who was causing the ruckus.

By this time tomorrow I will hopefully be resting comfortably, getting caught up on Grey's Anatomy, and putting this all behind me.

19 comments:

  1. I will be thinking of you tomorrow! I know it will be somewhat of a relief to get it all overwith. I wish it could have had a different ending!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:58 PM

    sorry you had to go through this. But good for you for standing up for yourself. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. Take care.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you stuck up for yourself, there is no sense in having another reminder. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry that the doc's office doesnt read the chart....i hope all goes well tomorrow and that you can come home and rest with A and B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I'm glad you held your ground at the doctors office. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending love your way and hoping that tomorrow goes as well as can be expected and your recovery is swift. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May you be resting comfortably right now and when you awake, be comforted by Andrew's soft skin and baby smell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you for refusing, you don't need to be poked, prodded, or forced to uncomfortably pee somewhere you don't want to - not now when you already know the result.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about ya this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU! GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take care. I know this is a difficult time and I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope everything goes/went well with the D&C and wish you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. I have not looked at your blog in a LONG time! I didn't know you had brought a new son into your life! Let me say congratulations for that before I say I'm so sorry for the miscarriage. What a couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are doing OK --- sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending you lots of hugs. I'm so sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so, so, very, very sorry. I had been on vacation and am catching up on blogs. I cannot believe you are having to go through this, at a time that should only be joy and happiness in your life. I do hope and pray your heart can be mended by your sweet Andrew in your arms. I'm so sorry you get this crap. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sorry for your loss and so happy that you have your beautiful little boy.

    ReplyDelete