Saturday, May 03, 2008

We Have a Winner!

For nearly every single family event or friendly get-together that involves snacking Brian makes his wildly popular table salsa. Even if he doubles or triples the batch we never seem to have enough. Those of you who have ever enjoyed chips and salsa with us have probably enjoyed it at one time or another. In fact, people have even paid Brian to make his salsa for their own events. Well, Brian made it for a pot-luck and salsa contest at the hospital yesterday where he faced 20 competitors. Happily, but not surprisingly, Brian's table salsa won and he is now the proud owner of a $50 prize. So now we can never refer to it as just plain old "table salsa". It is now "Brian's Prize Winning Salsa".

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Brian! Whenever he wants to bottle some up and send it to the East Coast, let me know. I love good salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it a secret prize winning salsa recipe? hehe pass it on if he wants. I love salsa but sorry we live to far away to come eat at your table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, maybe you should bottle it and start selling it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure now that it is "prize winning" the recipe will be kept under lock and key....I do make a wildly popular salsa myself. I wonder if we can have a virtual salsa contest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He may not be willing to share, but I would love the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Brian! A good salas is hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love salsa...when do we get the recipe? Or can we buy bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Does Brian have plans of selling his "prize winning salsa" We loooove some good salsa ;) It would be great to have today for Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete