Sunday, September 30, 2007

Things Are Still Good

Not a very creative title, but that's OK, I just couldn't think of anything else. Today's doctor visit, scan and bloodwork went very well. I am up to 14 follicles, 7 on each side, ranging in size from 9 to 15. My dosages are staying the same and I head back tomorrow morning for another ultrasound and blood draw. We are still looking at Thursday, possibly, for retrieval.

So far things are really going better than I could have hoped. I feel really good. I am energetic, yet pretty relaxed. I haven't had any headaches or anything. After 22 injections over the past 10 days I have some bruising and lots of red welts on my thighs, and bruising all around my belly button. Luckily my arms don't make me look like too much of a junkie. The blood draws have been going well, though today the nurse was barely able to get enough out of me.

We have Eric, Kari and the kids visiting for a few days so that has been keeping us busy. Kari and I are leaving shortly to take Ashley to my cousin's birthday party for her 3 year old and later today the whole family is getting together over at their house. My parents have really enjoyed being able to meet their grandson for the first time. My dad even spent some time holding Ryan. He has been practicing holding a baby during some of his recent therapy sessions. So, it is going to be a fun and busy day, which is good for keeping my mind off of things.

We finished all of our chores and projects around the house and I'm not working this next week so I should have plenty of time to rest and take it easy over the next couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to getting caught up on 3 seasons of Grey's Anatomy.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are continuing to look good! Enjoy your distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are pretty much the same at this point. Can it just be 2.5 weeks from now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! 14 follies - very impressive. Your doc knows what he is doing. I always drink lots and lots of water before a blood test (that makes it flow better and I think it makes my veins easier to find though I don't know if that is true). Once I was dehydrated when I went in and it was horrible.

    Enjoy your week - Thursday will be here soon!

    Take care,

    Egged

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds very good. I am glad that this cycle is going so well thus far. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy things are looking good! I can't believe retrieval is so soon-- so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds perfect! I hope my first cycle goes as smoothly! Sorry about all the bruises though - but I guess it is a small price to pay if everything turns out successfully!

    ReplyDelete