Friday, August 17, 2007

Happy Blogiversary

Happy Blogiversary to me! I started this blog one year ago when life was vastly different from how it is today. I never could have imagined the twists and turns life has thrown our way over the past year. Let me count the ways . . .

1) I started this blog solely for our family and friends. I wasn't working, hadn't met many people here in Arizona, was just starting infertility treatments, and I wanted a way to reach out to my friends and still keep in touch. Also, I realized that maybe not everyone wanted to receive regular newsy emails from me. This blog format allows people to read when they want to and not have my ramblings forced upon them.

2) Within a week of starting the blog my dad suffered his terrible accident. I simply cannot believe that it is almost a year since he has stood, or walked, or combed his hair, or dialed a phone, or countless other things. I used this blog to help update friends and family during that horrible time. Going back and reading about that is sad.

3) Eventually I started writing about our struggles with infertility. I didn't at first, but I guess after a while I just decided that I needed more support than I could muster on my own. I wanted my friends and family to know what was going on with us, but it was just too hard to have the same conversation with everyone. So, I typed.

4) When it became evident that IVF was going to be in our future I began exploring other blogs written by women suffering from infertility. I found a lot of kindred spirits, people who understood exactly what I was feeling and could often explain it better than me. It made me feel like I wasn't quite such a nut. I found hope, and lots of it.

5) Then, surprise, I was pregnant! I celebrated here. It was a wonderful time to be blogging.

6) Sadly, I miscarried. When I couldn't cry anymore, and I couldn't talk anymore, I could type. And I found amazing support which really helped me get through the worst of it.

7) While finding the support I needed during that awful time I also realized that my words were helpful to others. It helped to know that what I was going through might be helpful to someone else in a dark time.

8) I have kept this honest, perhaps giving too much information, in the hopes that I can be passing along a little bit of understanding both to people I know, and to people I don't know.

9) And I continue to keep my real life friends and family informed, and I continue to make cyber friends and try to offer support and hope, not only to others, but it builds in me as I offer it.

So, whether you are a real life friend reading, or a new cyber friend reading, please continue along on this journey with me. Please continue to share in the comments, I really love the feedback, or drop me an email. I need my friends now more than ever. I'm really hoping that by my next Blogiversary I have many more blessings to write about (especially the kind that cry and coo) and that there is far less heartache to write about.

And lastly, thanks so much for the ongoing support, kind words, and prayers. It means the world to me, and makes Phoenix seem a lot less lonely, even though I'm hundreds or thousands of miles away from you.

13 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary!!!

    Wow, you had one rough year!! I would hope it could only look up from here...



    And your picture on your last post is still creeping me out every time I see it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogaversary!

    I hope the next year is filled with good news for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary!!!

    I feel very honored to be a part of this crazy journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May this new year of blogging be filled with lots of joy and good health for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your journey, I can tell you, it has definitely helped me along mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a newer reader, Im happy to celebrate this anniversary with you--and I will continue to support you 110% (and then some!) Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogoversary! I am happy that I have gotten to "know" you. I really hope that a little one is around for you next year too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogoversary! I hope the coming year brings more celebrations and less heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo, happy blogiversary! Like the rest of the ladies, I'm hoping this coming year brings lots of good things, and gives you new exciting things to post about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogoversary. It's wonderful to look back on a year of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogiversary!!!! I'm hoping and praying that your second year of blogging will bring more blessings than heartbreak!! Thanks for letting me get to "know" you! It's a huge blessing to read what you've written because it's makes me feel less alone in this infertility journey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogiversary!!!

    I hope that next year will have much more good than bad.

    My blogiversary is next month and looking back, I can't believe all that has happened since I've started it. I am so thankful for all the friends I've made and the support I've gained.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers as always. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogoversary!

    And I hope with you that your next blogoversary there is much to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:59 PM

    Happy 1st Blogiversary! I too understand your reluctance to talk about infertility. I found that after my miscarriage, the thing that helped me deal with it was reading other womens' stories and that inspired me to start my own blog. Even if I helped one woman the way I was, it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete