We've been doing some talking. We've been doing some thinking. More than likely a decision has been made, but I still feel like I am mulling it over in my mind. Brian feels the decision has been made, therefore there is no use worrying about it anymore.
In a nutshell, here's where things stand:
1) Another IUI is out of the question. Been there, done that. I'm afraid that if I tried another, and it failed, I would be completely unable to continue on with any further treatment. It's just too hard. Plus, there is a 90% chance of failure.
2) There really won't be a better time to do IVF. I'm not getting any younger, and apparently a couple of months could make a difference. Especially if we would be looking at FETs down the road.
3) If money were no object it would be an easy decision. IVF all the way. It's our best shot. I hate having to consider finances in this decision. How can you put a price tag on something like this? However, this expense would be entirely out-of-pocket. No insurance coverage whatsoever. It will mean taking on debt. And we like living debt free.
4) IVF would, if nothing else, give a better indication as to the condition of my eggs. Most importantly, it is our best chance and what our doctor recommends. Why am I paying him not to listen to his advice?
5) It's time to do something so that we can get on with our lives. I don't want anything to be hanging over our heads. The time has come to put up or shut up.
6) So, it looks like we will be starting IVF this next cycle.
7) I'm trying to feel more excited about it than resigned to it. This just came up quicker than I hoped it would. I don't like feeling we are at the end of the road. Maybe I'll feel better about it after acupuncture today.
8) I reserve the right to change my mind if anything about this starts to feel icky.