Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Baby Making Trifecta

Today I entered phase three of my baby making trifecta . . . I had my first appointment with an acupuncturist! It was a great visit and lasted about 2 hours. The guy, Robert, is great and he took a long time getting a history and clear view of what's been going on in all areas of my health, not just the infertility. A bit of neck massage and pressure point stuff was also involved and that was really wonderful. Then came the needles! I suppose there were about a dozen needles stuck in altogether, including the fronts of my lower legs, my knee, both forearms, both ears, the top of my head, and one right between my eyebrows. Didn't hurt a bit! On a couple of them I felt a really slight sting, but that could have been from the alcohol prep pad. Then I got to lay there for a bit, maybe 25 minutes or so. It was so, so, so deeply relaxing. I guess that was the most surprising part. My mind was fully awake and alert but my body was so relaxed that after some time I couldn't even feel my arms and legs anymore. It was sort of now you feel right before you go to sleep. I ended the session with a cup of hot tea, and I think it was the tastiest tea I have ever had. I will be continuing treatments weekly up until the IVF transfer. On the day of the transfer I will have a treatment right before, and a treatment right after, and both will be at my doctor's office.

In other news, I met with my gynecologist who will do my surgery. I'm not looking forward to it, but I do like my doctor. It looks like the surgery will be a couple of days after Easter.

Tomorrow Brian and I meet with the RE to talk in detail about all of the steps of the IVF and talk about the protocol and stuff like that.

Oh, and are you still wondering about what the parts of the baby making trifecta are? Well, I won't keep you in suspense any longer!
1) Faith
2) Western Medicine
3) Eastern Medicine

No comments:

Post a Comment