Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Super Easy Tortellini Soup

Whenever I need to make a super quick dinner this is usually what I turn to. All of the necessary ingredients are usually on hand, making it extra easy. It originally started as a Weight Watcher recipe, but I've improvised a bit over the years.

Ingredients:
32 oz. chicken broth
8 oz tortellini (fresh or dried, whatever you have)
15 oz can diced tomatoes (seasoned or plain)
15 oz can kidney beans (red or white)
1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

Directions:
Bring broth to a boil in a pot. (I use my small dutch oven) Add tortellini and boil gently for about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes and rinsed beans. Bring to a simmer for a couple of minutes until heated through, adding any seasonings that you like. I usually add a little bit of Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning. At the very end add the vinegar and basil. Ladle into bowls and top with a little Parmesan cheese if you like. Serve with garlic bread (I usually have some in the freezer or make my own with leftover bread).

Leftovers are yummy the next day. If the soup isn't brothy enough the second go-around I just add a little bit of water.

See? It's insanely easy and you can totally use whatever you have around and whatever you like! If you try it, let me know how you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I might make that this weekend!

    PS - Glad you liked my blog makeover. It was a free template and all I had to do was install it! I found it here: http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/

    So glad you're tweeting now too.

    ReplyDelete