Saturday, May 29, 2010

And So it Continues

The stomach flu is still plaguing our household, unfortunately. Andy seemed to be feeling a bit better on Thursday, but it struck again with a vengeance early Friday morning. In the line of fire? Brian and I, but I got it worse than he did. Andy slept through the whole thing. I had to miss school yesterday, which was our last full day of school. Once I realized that I was too sick to go to school I launched into an anxiety attack because of that.

Yesterday was a blur, spending the day napping or laying on the couch. Andy was so good, keeping himself occupied while we lounged and tried to feel human. I started to feel better once my fever broke.

Today we've still been taking it easy. The hardest part is trying to get liquids into Andy. He is still having "issues", necessitating the use of night-time diapers all day long. We found that popsicles work great, so long as a little clean up doesn't bother anybody.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Kolorscapes Slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This photo slideshow personalized with Smilebox

I hope that all of you are having a far healthier Memorial Day weekend, as we remember those who gave their lives in service.

4 comments:

  1. :( I'm sorry you all have been sick. The stomach bug has struck our house too. Here's to hoping we are all germ free really soon!!!

    And :) to popsicles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:16 PM

    feel better soon

    Love Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I literally feel your pain and it sucks that you had to miss the last day of school. My dad was a teacher for 30 years and I know how important it always was for him to be there for special days like that.

    I hope we are ALL better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I had it on Saturday! YUCK! I told Scott I was either going to die or go into labor. Neither happened. :o)

    It sounds like things are getting better at your house! Love the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete