On Friday morning the social worker from our adoption agency came over to get us started on the process to recertify our home study. Our current home study expires in September, so now is the time to get the ball rolling. While seemingly an easy decision to go forward with this, it really wasn't.
Hands down, we would love, love, love to have a second child. Frankly, the sooner the better. However, we still have a looooonnnng way to go paying for the first adoption as well as all of the failed treatment cycles. And let's just say that I have no intention of charging our next baby to Visa!
So, while we are updating our home study, we are not ready to have our agency shop us around yet. By having our home study current we will be all set if something just falls into place, without the need to pay agency fees (that's the killer part of this!). Otherwise, we have another year to give us the opportunity to win the lottery.