Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Prayer Doubles Fertility Rates

I came across this article that details a study that shows that prayer doubles fertility rates. The study actually focused on those who were undergoing IVF. The women undergoing IVF did not know they were being prayed for, and the folks doing the praying didn't know the people they were praying for. They simply had a picture and prayed for 3 weeks during the stim, retrieval and transfer process. Pretty impressive, huh?

So, of course this gets me thinking that there is no reason to think that prayer wouldn't be any less effective during any cycle of trying for a pregnancy, whether it be natural, medicated, IUI, FET, or IVF, or anything else I may have left out.

Which brings me to my next point . . . I would like to take on 5 people to pray specifically for. If you would like for me to pray for you on your next attempt, or even on this attempt, please let me know. Just email me with your first name, picture, and where you are in the process (so that I know what to pray for, since it would be silly to pray for a nice big follicle for you if you were in the two week wait). You can find my email address on my profile page. I promise, I will not share any of your information on this blog (or anywhere else for that matter) if you don't want it shared. It'll just be between us and God.