Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Cravings and Aversions

People keep asking me if I have been having any cravings yet. Actually, for the most part, I have had way more aversions than cravings. The first aversion was blue cheese dressing, first the smell of it, then the mere sight of it. I know, I know, I shouldn't be eating it anyhow, and I haven't been, but I can't even stand it on somebody else's plate! The second aversion was the smell of red wine. Again, I was not the one indulging, however, the person next to me was and the smell about killed me. Next came aversions to any type of white, creamy sauce. Not the smell or texture, but the mere sight. Ick. And it doesn't even have to be on my plate. I was at a local Mexican restaurant celebrating a friend's baby shower and I swear every person at that table decided to have Baja sauce smothering their meal. For those who don't know, Baja sauce is a white creamy jalepeno sauce. Normally I think it is pretty tasty. Now, I don't even want to see it. In fact, writing about it is making me pretty queasy. Sounds like the perfect time for me to move on.

Cravings have been a little harder to identify, but one definitely surfaced yesterday. For the past week or so my favorite afternoon snack has been Wheat Thins and Craisins. And no, I don't have a cracker and then a couple of Craisins. I put a couple of Craisins on top of a Wheat Thin and then pop it in my mouth. Absolutely yummy, you must try it! After I made Brian try it he officially declared it a craving. Later he just gave me a funny look when I told him that we are going to have to have homemade macaroni and cheese and guacamole this week. I'm sure you can imagine the look. It hovered between amused and horrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment