Friday, April 13, 2007

Bedroom - Before and After

Here are a couple of "before" pictures of our bedroom, taken right after we moved into the house 2 years ago. Shortly after these pictures were taken we did put up all of the drapes and real blinds. We also bought a big comfy chair for the corner.



You might remember that I prepared the bedroom for painting the day before I found out I was pregnant. Which meant that Brian was going to have to paint the bedroom when he returned from Chicago. Let me tell you, it wasn't nearly as easy as all that! First of all, Brian was not happy about having to paint. He is good at many things, but home improvement projects don't rank high on that list. However, after a horrid day, with many mishaps (that I won't go into in order to protect the guilty), we finally got it finished. Yes, I said "we". I had quite a bit of touch up to do that day, as well as the next day. Now that we are on the other side of the project I can say that it was all worth it! The room looks fantastic and I am very happy with it. Now it looks like we plan to stay a while.
And did you notice the naughty beagle curled up on the bed? She seems to think it is hers and she allows us to sleep there at night.

And now this weekend we get to finish this project by painting our bathroom to match . . .



1 comment: